Regardless of where you go, you’ll hear people talk about their water quality. It’s no wonder because our daily lives are largely dependent on the quality and quantity of water we have.
Not all waters have equal status. That is, some are hard (about 85 percent of the water) and some are soft, and the difference is important.
These are sediments and minerals, which in some cases are irritating and in others useful. For example, if you take a shower with hard water it would definitely damage your hair.
Not only is the difference between hard and soft water may determine a bad day for hair, but we talk of serious consequences for your plumbing fixtures.
While speaking of serious issues, continuous usage of hard water definitely leads to serious plumbing issues.
Issues Caused By Hard Water
The below mentioned are some of the common issues in using hard water. Continue reading this article to know more about them.
- Compared to soft water, hard water contains more minerals which come into contact with rocks or soil, namely calcium and magnesium.
- It means that you can clean these sediments with soap. Not only does hard water clean the soap but it leaves its own residue in the form of soap and lime foam.
- Lime deposition occurs in faucets, toilets, shower glass doors, bathtubs, water heaters, and indoor pipes.
- Ultimately, it limits water flow and, in extreme cases, clogs the hoses and cuts off the water-consuming machines.
- For places where the water is extremely hard, lime deposition is known to completely block the pipes.
- Although drinking hard water is not a safety issue, it can pose unpleasant and expensive problems for homeowners.
- In terms of clothing, hard water gives a dull appearance to garments, opaque colors and gives a gray or yellow appearance to whites.
- Hard water can degrade the fabric fibers over time and shorten the clothing life by up to 40%.
- Washing dishes, glassware and cutlery with hard water can cause stains and a blurry surface, even more, when washed in the dishwasher because the minerals are released more in the hard water.
- If you have harder water issues you can definitely make use of the water softener or filters. If you haven’t got one yet, it is time to get a filter and a water softener.
- In your laundry room, you can compensate for the hard water by increasing heat and using detergent.
You can always contact your friends at Resolved Plumbing if you have an extreme buildup of lime or clogged pipes due to the harsh water damage.
We know the hard water problems as well as being a Texas corporation. For any questions or concerns, you can reach at any time. We are always there with you in solving the plumbing issues.