Most of us have definitely faced flooding in our basement. Installing a sump pump is the only solution for solving the flooding in the basement. In this article, we have provided you simple steps for installing a sump pump.
There will be an increase in the level of groundwater during the period of heavy rain or snow. The soil gets oversaturated when the water level rises, hence the water will enter your house from foundation cracks to the basement.
The sump pumps avoid the flooding in the basement by redirecting the flow of water from cellar to a storm drain or another outlet which are present in the foundation of the building,
List Of Important Items For Installing a sump pump
The things which are needed for installing a sump pump are
- Filtration tools
- Painted brick
- Demolition Hammer
- Ten to fifteen liters of sump pool
- PVC collar
- Power drill and attachments for hole cutting
- Caulk screwed
- Sump Pump
Steps For Installing A Sump Pump
The below mentioned are the steps for installing a sump pipe. Read these points carefully for installing a sump pipe.
- Find where the water is collected.
- The water is usually collected at the lowest part of the basement. Use a demolition hammer to crack a hole into the wall.
- Cut the hole downwards and take the basin of the sump.
- Seal the soil by using cloth or filtration material and cover it.
- After dropping basin into the hole, fill the bottom with one inch of gravel.
- Then this will form as a filtration layer that keeps the unwanted debris which could potentially damage the pump.
- Bring the sump pump underwater carefully and put it on top of the paver so it remains in a safe manner.
- Find the test valve away from the pump where the water flows out. Connect the PVC drainage to this spot, and run the wall piping.
- Cut a hole in the wall wide enough to allow the pipe to exit the building and drain appropriately, using a power drill hole cutter attachment.
- Using the sealant caulk to screw the opening outwards.
- Use a mixer for mixing the cement and fill the space around the sump basin so it is sealed in place.
- Plug-in and turn the sump pump on.
Sump pumps need routine maintenance to continue working properly. If you’re unsure how to install a sump pump reach your mates at Resolved Plumbing. We are there with you in solving all your plumbing issues.