Standing water in the bathtub is one of the most common problems faced by the homeowners. Standing water in the bathtub for a longer period of time leads to an increase in the growth of bacteria.
Hence using the chemical drain cleaners may solve this problem but it definitely risks damaging the pipes.
Instead of using the chemical drain cleaners you can make use of the hot water and baking soda. These two ingredients have an amazing effect on clearing the clogged water tub.
List Of Required Items
- Half a cup of baking soda.
- Three cups of boiling water
- A bowl of vinegar.
What Should You Need To Do?
Before starting this process you must ensure that your tub is empty. Make use of buckets to clear the standing water in the bathtub.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to clear the clogged bathtub.
- Step1: Pour a cup of water into the drain
- Step 2: After pouring the water into the drain, then put one cup of baking soda.
- Step 3: Mix vinegar with the second cup of water.
- Step 4: Pour the mixture of vinegar and water into the drain.
- Step 5: Cover the drain for a few minutes so that the chemical reaction takes place into the drain.
- Step 6: Then set the timer for 10 minutes and leave the mixture for 10 minutes.
- Step 7: At last add a cup of boiling water into the drain and make some water flow through it and watch still the water is clogged in the bathtub.
If this method is worked you have definitely done a perfect job. You can make use of this method to clear the clogged drain in the kitchen.
Reach out your friends at Resolved Plumbing. We are there for you in solving all your plumbing issues.